EWZ: What Are The Price Multiples Telling Us?

Summary

As of September the 6th, the P/E and P/S Ratios for IBrX 50 were 17.6X and 1.35X, respectively.
Upside is greater than the downside, in the short term.
FX volatility until the end of the Brazilian presidential elections is expected to continue.
A little over a month ago I embarked on an ambitious project of calculating the P/E ratio for the IBrX 50 Index. As I gathered the information for this project, I became inspired to include the Price to Sales ratio. Later on, I was motivated to provide both these multiples broken down by sector and industry. Then inspired by a reader, I decided to do a report on the Brazilian Presidential candidates. This report ended up making the Seeking Alpha's Editors' Pick and a famous Brazilian reporter used it as material for her own report. The only downside is that she seems to think that my name is not James Cherry and that I am actually a political analyst.
To read the rest of this article please click here.

Comments

Popular Posts